Here’s How to Make a Viral Video
It has long been no secret that video is one of the most powerful tools in online marketing. The reason is quite simple: the human brain stores memories in the form of connections (sight, hearing, taste, etc.). This is why we remember ads more easily than their text or audio versions.
An efficient film sequence has an effect on the brain similar to that of Velcro, which has many loops and hooks. The more associations a viewer can form with himself while watching a video, the more response he gets.
The world’s largest brands have long moved away from creating purely commercial videos and are working on partnerships with the public, with the goal of creating videos that go viral.
What video is considered viral?
Many users think that any video on TikTok, Instagram or YouTube with a large number of views is viral in itself. In fact, as users engage in conversations, reposts, skits, and active media coverage, they spread very quickly.
That is why professionals, when creating an advertising video, initially focus on the reaction of users.
Of course, not every brand can afford to spend $4.7 million producing a one-minute promotional video and invite J.K. Van Damme, as did the Swedish car company Volvo in 2013, and made a profit of $170 million.
If you don’t have such an advertising budget, but still aim to improve sales and brand awareness, increase channel subscribers, and use YouTube or social media platforms as a complete marketing tool, read on. Article to the end and get your content patterns spread quickly.
Is there an algorithm for making a viral video?
Unfortunately, all templates and schemes that guarantee 100% video spread are a myth and blasphemy. Otherwise, most YouTube will become millionaires.
The good news is that there are some creation styles that, combined with modern technology and proper promotion, can increase your chances of getting the best views.
Let’s look at them in more detail.
Stage 1. Strategic Planning
Like any marketing tool that involves a budget, creating viral video content on YouTube requires some preparation:
- Set clear goals: what is the purpose of creating (to inform people about a new brand/product, increase loyalty, increase awareness, attract new customers, etc.), what is the main message you want to convey to your audience;
- Market research and audience analysis: Who do you want to attract to watch, who are these people, why should they be interested in your video, and what attracts their attention the most?
Stage 2. Preparation
Generate and evaluate an idea. At this point, the creator should keep in mind the following basic principles:
- Focus on the inner values and attitudes of your core audience;
- Remember feelings: surprise, touch, the laughter of the viewer, his admiration, horror;
- “Blow your mind” with an unexpected approach to solving a problem;
- Allow parodies, transcripts, etc. (if appropriate);
- Check the main message of your idea and make sure that the audience understands you correctly.
The script writing
If the video was not staged, but shot by chance, then there is no doubt about the text. But in case you decide to make a video from scratch on your own, write down what should happen and how.
An advertising, content or training video inevitably requires a script. Here are some recommendations.
- Trust the script, not improvisation. By writing the text yourself or commissioning professionals, you will be sure that you will be able to control the attention of the audience, convey the main message to them, design the call to action and express it at the right time.
- Start off right. The audience decides to watch or close the video in the first 3 seconds of watching it. So if your video starts to attract the audience, do it right: show that a potential subscriber will receive a solution to their problem. Give some kind of introduction for 3-5 seconds at first, after which you can say hello and introduce yourself.
- Don’t rush to call him at work. The golden rule of marketing says: before you ask someone for something, give them something valuable and useful. Placing a call to action too early can affect the promotion of a viral video: people will switch to another source without seeing the content until the end, therefore without reposting, commenting, etc. For these reasons, it’s best to place a call to action 30% after watching the video and/or at the end of the video.
- Involve the audience in the discussion. It’s no secret that comments promote a better video than likes. Ask an interesting question, whose answer you want to share in the comments. It is important to respond to comments, especially in the first few days; this creates “buzz” and noise and engages subscribers in more discussions. It’s also useful for promotion, as Youtube counts all comments, even responses to ‘great’ and ‘thank you’.
As for the length of the video, the opinions of professionals differ here. Perhaps the only correct thing is to record a video according to the needs and degree of heating of the audience and then test it. As you may remember, there is no algorithm to create a viral video.
Stage 3. Implementation
Now let’s take a look at how to shoot an attractive home shoot in a rented studio. The principles are the same in both cases. Until recently, it was enough to bring a webcam, register and gain new subscribers.
Today, the quality requirements are growing: new technologies allow you to shoot more professionally, in high definition, using one or two cameras and adding animation. Agree, watching such a is much more fun.
How do you hold or “activate” the viewer’s attention at the right time?
- Change the angle every 10-15 seconds. This is especially true for training: if you stand in front of the camera and say something for 5-10 minutes, the audience will quickly tire and attention will dissipate. Therefore, dynamism is very important.
- Use sound effects (screaming, white noise) when changing the subject or before asking the audience a question to get their attention. Remember that everything should be in moderation.
- Psychologists also believe that public trust is increased if the author’s students are visible. Naturally, this must be used wisely and at the right time.
Processing and Installation
YouTube isn’t TV, so no one expects you to have a perfect picture, but it should at least be a bit of processing and editing. They give the kind of integrity. Competent animation also improves responsiveness.
Enticing music that suits the mood of the video is just as important. Learn how to add background music to a video.
After processing, you’ll need to “upload” your video to YouTube (or whatever platform you want), add a description, check if the channel layout fits, and add hashtags.
This is a separate and controversial issue. Some professionals believe that the viral video is promoted independently, while others consider the publication as a mandatory event. One thing is certain: the planting campaign is necessarily carefully planned.
To read More News Updates Visit our Site InsightFello.