How To Fix Outlook Not Responding: A Step-By-Step Guide
Microsoft Outlook is a type of program known as an “e-mail client”. Outlook is an email-based program installed on your computer to send and receive email messages. In contrast, Webmail only allows users to view emails using web browsers. Microsoft Outlook is, without a doubt, one of the most versatile “email client” technologies on offer today, which may explain why businesses around the world use it to manage their emails.
Outlook, like any other program, is prone to errors and difficulties, and when they do appear, they are usually annoying and, in most cases, prevent you from dying in your tracks. For example, one of the most common customer issues is the “Outlook is not responding” error.
The error type “Outlook is still not responding” can be prevalent in Windows 10 or later. And you can fix this error manually and by using Outlook PST Recovery Tool.
Why does Outlook stop responding?
There can be several reasons why Outlook is not working on Windows 10 or later. This problem can persist for any of the following reasons listed below:
- The latest updates are not installed.
- Another way is to use Outlook.
- External content is loaded into Outlook, such as images in an email message.
- Outlook is interfering with the pre-installed add-in.
- The sheer size of the mailbox.
- Your AppData folder has been moved to a network location.
- Some Office programs may need to be repaired.
- Outlook files may be damaged or corrupted.
- An outdated antivirus is installed.
- The user profile may be corrupt.
- Another program is conflicting with Outlook.
Some common procedures to fix Outlook not responding
Follow some common procedures to fix this error. You can get rid of Outlook that keeps not responding to the problem.
Solution 1 – Force close Outlook: When Outlook is not responding and you cannot close it, in this case, you need to use Task Manager to close it. To perform this task by
- Open Task Manager and use Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time.
- Click Processes (the one on the left), then select MS Outlook.
- Right-click on MS Outlook and select End task.
Solution 2 – Disable defective add-ins: The COM Add-Ins modules add specific functionality to Outlook. Sometimes, one or more plugins were active, which could cause problems. You can get rid of this problem by disabling the faulty plug-ins. You can disable it in two ways:
Disable faulty Outlook add-ins: Follow these steps to disable these faulty add-ins
- Start Outlook and search for COM add-ins
- Uncheck the plugins you want to disable, then OK
- Restart your Outlook
Disable faulty plugins via Control Panel – Follow these steps to disable these faulty plugins
- First, quit Outlook.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on the program, then uninstall or disable the program you want to remove.
Solution 3 – Update your MS Outlook: Although MS Office 2013 and later versions come with automatically updated features to fix bugs and provide you with more enhanced security features. But sometimes these updates are inadvertently disabled, preventing scheduled updates from being automatically downloaded and applied.
To update your MS Outlook, follow the instructions.
- Start Perspective
- Go to the File tab, then Office Account
- Then go to Office Updates and update your Outlook.
Solution 4 – Run Outlook in safe mode: When you run Outlook in safe mode, all Outlook settings revert to the default Outlook settings. To start Outlook in safe mode, follow the instructions.0
- Open the dialog with Win + R
- Then enter Outlook.exe /safe to start Outlook in safe mode.
Alternatively, you can also hold down the CTRL key and then launch Outlook. This process is valid for all versions of Windows.
Solution 5 – Repair Outlook software: Sometimes your Outlook is not responding even after restarting it. So in this case, you need to repair your Outlook software.
- To choose this method, follow the steps.
- Open Control Panel > Programs
- Click Program and Features.
- Search for MS Office and select.
- Next, right-click on MS Office and follow the instructions as instructed.
- After following the procedure, restart Outlook.
Solution 6 – Repair damaged Outlook files: Outlook stores not only copies of emails but also contacts and calendars. It also stores files in two formats (PST and OST). These formats are very powerful but sometimes they get corrupted and eventually stop working. So in this case, you need to repair corrupted Outlook files using Outlook Repair Tool. Fix and repair PST files and restore OST files automatically. After that, you can repair Outlook files as per the instructions.
- First, completely exit Outlook.
- Open my computer, go to c-drive, and type SCANPST to search for PST files.
- Then browse the file and the scanning process will begin.
- Then click Repair and check the box containing the backup copy of the file.
- After your file has been processed, the message “Repair Complete” will appear on the screen, then OK.
Solution 7 – Disable your antivirus: Although antivirus software is designed to repair or protect your computer from corrupted or corrupted files. But sometimes, outdated programs can interfere and cause Outlook not responding errors. In this case, you need to disable your antivirus for your Outlook to respond properly.
Solution 8 – Create a new Outlook profile: From time to time, your Outlook profile crashes and Outlook is not responding. In this case, you need to create your new Outlook profile by following the steps.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select the user account.
- After choosing the user account, select Microsoft Mail.
- Select Show Profiles.
- Now click the Add button.
- Next, the screen will ask for a new profile name.
- Enter the new name for your profile, then OK.
Finally, your new Outlook profile is active.
What if you don’t use these solutions to fix the “Outlook is not responding” error?
Although we did our best to resolve your issues, why is your Outlook not responding? To answer your query and provide you with the best solution, we have outlined several manual solutions that help you to fix Outlook not responding errors. But not all of them are technical and they don’t have much time to fix the problem using so many methods. We know that Outlook doesn’t run programs; It is widely used by businesses and professionals. Therefore, in this case, we cannot risk mortgaging our valuable savings that will be present in the form of data.
In this case, we recommend that you choose a third party who can work on your behalf to save your vital possessions. For example, you can choose a PST file recovery tool that not only heals your file but also saves you precious time, which you could spend on fixing your Outlook error with the dreaded feeling of losing your data. This tool recovers damaged emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, etc. With this tool, you can also resolve Outlook error 0xc0000005.
Read More News Updates Visit our Site InsightFello.